Online Auction Articles Money on eBay and Other Online Auctions With our informative educational auction articles enjoy
How to - Sell Expensive Items on eBay
Date: Friday October 31, 2014
Sell Expensive Items on eBay
Selling expensive items on eBay is really no different
than selling low cost items. Essentially, no matter
what you are selling, it all comes down to how you
market the item.
This doesn’t mean you have to surf around the Internet placing ads here and there – when it comes to eBay auctions, the marketing is all done at the eBay website. Basically, when you set up your auction, you are setting up an automated marketing campaign.
Sell Expensive Items on eBayFirst, you must determine what the value of your
item is, in three different ways. This will help you
determine what your reserve price is. On eBay, the
reserve price is the lowest price that you are willing
to accept for your item. First, have your high priced
item evaluated to determine what the actual market
Next, research similar items from past auctions at eBay to see what price those items sold for. Finally, determine what the value of the item is to you. With this information, you should be able to determine the lowest amount you are willing to Sell Expensive Items on eBay for.
Set your reserve price, and then set your opening bid
price lower than $50 – no matter how high your
reserve price is. This is a marketing tactic. It will be
hard to attract potential buyers to an auction for an
item selling for hundreds or thousands of dollars –
but getting them to an auction where the opening
bid is only $50 is quite simple.
Remember, you don’t have to sell the item to anyone who bids less than your reserve price – unless you choose to do so at the close of the auction. This method of price setting resembles marketing gimmicks used by offline businesses that are simply designed to ‘get customers in the door.’
Sell Expensive Items on eBay Work hard on the description for your listing. Use
words that really describe your item well. Provide as
many details as possible, including details that prove
the authenticity of collectible items. Include pictures
of the item as well.
Do not try to deceive potential buyers! If the item has marks or scratches, simply be honest about it, and make sure that the pictures convey this as well. State how the item will be packed and shipped. Also let potential buyers know that shipping insurance must be purchased as well – in case the item is damaged once it leaves your possession.
For higher priced items, most eBay buyers feel more
comfortable using an escrow service. Offer this as
an option in your auction, with the understanding that
the buyer must pay for the service.
This protects both parties from fraud, and it makes many buyers more open to spending the money to obtain the item. eBay has partnered with an escrow service that is commonly used for high ticket items. Sell Expensive Items on eBay
"Thank you for reading ourOnline Auction articles. We have other Auction Articles you will enjoy here on this site as well, come back any time...you are most welcome".
DISCOVER Jim Cockrum's eBook "The Silent Sales Machine Hiding On eBay" will teach you how to make money on eBay even if your items ARE NOT selling Simply amazing...and simple..The number one book about e-bay Click Here
Free auction tools:
- Auction Typo - Find A Misspelt Bargain In Seconds
- Auction Lotsnipe - Free eBay Auction Sniper
- Auction Ad Creator - Free Auction Ad Generator
- Auction Venues - Free Auction Site Directory...
- AuctioneStores - Free eBay Stores Directory..
- AuctioneZone - Free Auction Articles...
- Auction Piccies - Free Auction Image Hosting
- Free Auction Templates - Create great looking auction templates & listings
- Feedback - Free eBay Feedback Display Tool
- A Few Quick Buying Stories
- This article has 11 short stories about buying antiques and collectibles. Each has a simple lesson to help you become a better purchaser of used items for resale or your collection.
- 11Main.com is DOOMED - a Review
- In February 2014, Vendio announced a new auction site - 11Main. Vendio provides tools for eBay sellers, and runs a huge auction site in mainland China, so this should be a good competitor. I signed up back then, and have been keeping notes over the past 5 months about what I've done. In June, I examined the site and decided to stop wasting my time.
- EBay Auction Sales Down?
- Due to the recent hack of eBay, and the requirement that users change their passwords, many buyers are having problems bidding. This means auction results are down. EBay has announced they will allow sellers to cancel auctions - even ended auctions without penalty. This article has more information.
- Some Observations On My 2013 EBay Effort
- While doing my taxes, I started thinking about last year's results. This article just has some quick lessons based on my results.
- The Fixed Price Trap
- Are you caught in the fixed price trap? This article explains how eBay sellers damage their businesses by falling into the Fixed Price Trap, and some suggestions for avoiding the trap.
- How To Have Negative Feedback Removed For Under $500
- An Ohio eBay seller named med_express_sales has found an innovative way to get negative and neutral feedback removed. This article explains how they get buyers to remove or alter feedback.
- How To Write EBay Descriptions That SELL
- Many of us have mastered the basics of selling on eBay. We know how to take pictures, we know how to list items with simple descriptions, and in the past this was good enough. To compete today we need to write better descriptions and titles to stand out from the clutter.
- How eBay Best Match Search Works
- Knowing how best match search works is important because it's the default search method on eBay, and if you do something that lowers your listing's visibility, people won't ever even see your title, much less your description.
- Dealing With eBay Changes 2012
- How to deal with eBay changes for 2012. EBay has just announced changes for fall 2012. This article looks at how the changes will effect sellers. Also covers 2012 eBay Spring Seller Update and 2011 changes.
- Buying On Craigslist? Here's Some Resources. . .
- Links to free websites that will help you master Craigslist. These will help you if you're buying or selling used merchandise.
- How To Search Craigslist Across Cities and Categories
- A simple easy to use search engine that will allow you to search all cities served by Craigslist at once. Also instructions for other Craigslist searches.
- Using Facebook and Pinterest to Promote eBay Auctions
- How to get more bids and sales by using Facebook and Pinterest to increase eBay auction exposure.
- Online Promotion Methods
- How to get more sales on and off eBay. Also how eBay's default best match search option works with fixed priced listings that don't generate lots of sales.
- You A Collectible Expert?
- How to turn your antiques and collectible knowledge into an online business, and claim your expert status.
- Overcoming eBay Seller Frustrations
- I asked my readers to tell me about the frustrations they encounter when selling on eBay. This article explains the frustrations and my suggestions for overcoming them.
- The Drop Shipping Myth Explained
- The myth of drop shipping profits on eBay explained. Why a drop ship list or membership site won't help you make money on eBay
- Advice for Writing and Selling Ebooks On EBay
- I got two questions from readers this week about eBay and ebooks. Questions like these are a good way of finding out what you want to know so I'll assume others are interested and spend some time answering them.
- How To Sell Antiques On eBay
- Are your antiques not bringing what you expect on eBay? Here's 23 tips to help you get higher bids when selling antiques on eBay.
- Dealing with Pests When Buying Antiques and Collectibles
- Once you start running ads to buy antiques and collectibles, you will start to get nuisance calls. These are people who call for reasons other than to offer you something. Here's some tips for dealing with these pests.
- How To Learn About Antiques
- The best way to learn about antiques and collectibles is to handle them. Here is a short course to help you learn about antiques.
- Review of eAhoy - The Community Driven Marketplace
- I wasted my time looking at eAhoy.com so you won't have to waste your time. The site has no buyers and only 36 sellers.
- What to Sell On eBay?
- The question what to sell on eBay is best answered by looking at who you are. Don't look for profitable items to sell on eBay, look at yourself and the products will be clear.
- eBay Powersellers - Are your kids orphans?
- Being an eBay powerseller like a hamster on a wheel. He keeps running, but doesn't get anywhere. Did you build a job on eBay, or a lifestyle?
- Review Of Pete Bruckshaw's Auction Arbitrage Secret
- One of the biggest problems eBay sellers have is finding products to sell on eBay. Pete Bruckshaw has come up with some interesting tactics. Pete's been selling on eBay since 2004, and has perfected an interesting way of getting products to sell. Basically, he buys them on eBay from sellers who make mistakes in their listings. This is called eBay arbitrage.
- How To Sell Antiques
- A quick guide to selling antiques and collectibles. A lot of people think of eBay as the place to sell antiques, but there are more options. This page explains how to sell antiques in 7 different ways.